Justin and I decided that we wanted to put sod in our park strip in front of our house. When we first moved in it was full over ground cover that had died so we dug it all out. We thought that sod would look the best. Occasionally on ksl.com you can find listings for free sod. Justin and I had both been looking often. Well, one day I decided to look and saw someone had posted free sod about 30 minutes before I looked. I hurried and called Justin because it was just down the street from his work. He didn't answer so I called the people and asked if they could hold it. They told me they wouldn't hold it because they already had too many people calling about it. A few minutes later Justin called me back and told me that he had found free sod right by his work. He had seen the post just minutes after it had been posted and took off to get it. He didn't answer while I was calling him because he was loading the sod. We were pretty excited to be able to have it. He had his truck all the way loaded down with it.
These are the pictures of the park strip before we layed the sod (but after digging out all the ground cover).
Lydia liked that we were outside and decided to sweep the driveway.
She ended up hitting herself in the head with the end of the broom. I think moments like this need to be documented too.
My dad had let us borrow his tiller earlier in the week and we still had it so the timing of the sod was perfect. Notice how low Justin's truck is sitting. He had on his tiny tires too which always makes his truck look goofy.
The pictures make it look like Justin did all the work, but he had plenty of help from me too.
Lydia also helped a lot. She would pick up little pieces and chuck them into the street. After awhile we let her play in Justin's truck with the windows down. She had so much fun. She kept climbing from the back seat to the front seat. She also had fun closing the garage and as it was closing she would say, "Bye bye mom's car," and then she would say, "hello mom's car," when she opened the garage again. It was pretty cute.
Once we finished the park strip enough that we were able to do a little bit in the backyard. There is one section of our back lawn that was dead when we moved in and just full of weeds. We tried to plant seed last fall but it came in patchy and weedy so we decided to put in some sod there too. Brooke was napping while we were doing the the front yard and then we waited until after she had gone to bed before we finished up in the backyard.
Lydia loves being a part of things and helping.
She would use her little shovel and put dirt into her wheel barrow and then go tip it and dump it out just like Justin was doing.
Like I said before, moments like these need to be documented. Dont' worry though, she got right back up and started helping some more.
11 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment