Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Whitmer Reunion

We went to Idaho for the Whitmer Reunion again this year.  I made sure to put my camera battery in the charger so it would be ready to go for the reunion, however, I forgot to take it out of the charger and put it back in my camera.  I didn't realize this until I went to take the first picture.  The pictures that I do have are off of Justin's phone so I wasn't able to get any of the family or anything like that.  This is the view of the area from the cabin that we stayed in.
 Lydia was excited to get to go camping.  She was anxious to get into the cabin.
 People are always on four wheelers at the reunion.  Kids as little as three years old have their own four wheelers.  Sometimes it was pretty scary so I made sure to always know where Lydia was so she didn't get run over.  Lydia liked going on the four wheeler with Justin.
Lydia also liked just being able to go and and explore the whole time.  It was very hot and the cabin doesn't have a lot of shady areas, you can see Lydia's cheeks are red from the heat.
 We put Brooke in some overalls so that she could crawl somewhat without scraping her legs up.  Doesn't she look so cute in them?  I thought she looked like a little doll in the overalls.
 
 Justin was able to go on a long four wheeler ride with some of his family and his cousin.  They all came back so dirty it was so funny. 
 This was his view from the top of the mountain.
 The reunion definitely wore the girls out.  I couldn't help but post the pictures of them sleeping.  Lydia always started the night out on our bed and then we moved her onto her little air mattress once we were ready for bed.
 Brooke didn't want to take a nap the first day, but she slept really well the other days.
 This is my favorite picture of Lydia.  She is all sprawled out and taking up the entire bed.  She is also turned the wrong way on the bed.  She wiggles constantly even in her sleep!
We had a lot of fun at the reunion.  Justin's cousins are so much fun to talk to and hang out with so it is nice to catch up with all of them.  We also were able to go swimming on this trip which the girls loved but none of the pictures worked good enough to post.  As always, we are looking forward to next year!

No comments: