Thursday, May 24, 2012

Brooke is 8 months old!

Brooke turned eight months old on May 19!  I can't believe how quickly the time goes by.  I am sure that I say that each month as I do her monthly update.  She is getting so big and her hair is getting so long.  Her hair curls up tighter than Lydia's did, but I think it is about as long as hers was at this age or a little longer.  It really is a lot of fun having girls with such cute, curly hair.
 Brooke is such a happy baby.  We are very lucky to have her.  Here is a list of some of the things she has been up to:
**Brooke is always happy.  She can be up all night and then she'll still be happy the next day.
**Brooke loves when people look at her.  Once she makes eye contact she instantly starts smiling.
**Brooke loves to talk.  She says daddad and is starting to say mumumum along with all the other noises and sounds in between.
**She mimics sounds that Lydia makes.
**She crawls normal now and she crawls fast and is into everything.
**She pulls herself up onto things and stands up next to it. 
**She claps her hands and loves the attention when she does it.
**She can wave now.
**She reaches for people.
**She is still sensitive and doesn't like to be left alone in a room, even if she can still see us.
**She still nurses.
**She is starting to sleep through the night a little better, but still wakes up once and then she pulls herself up and I have to go in and lay her down or else she just stands on the side of the crib and cries.
**She loves following Lydia around and playing with her.
**She is one tough baby because Lydia is the typical big sister and sometimes steals her toys, hit or even kicks her and Brooke just puts up with it.
**She doesn't have any teeth yet.

 **She likes to dance to music.
**She likes sitting in her high chair and eating little snacks.  She will eat most baby food without any problem and loves to eat little finger foods and feed herself.
**She still just takes short naps.  You can pretty much plan that she will take a nap for exactly one hour!
 **She loves to chew on things and always wants to have something in her mouth.  She was chewing on her toothbrush while I was doing her hair and would get upset each time I took it away so I decided to take some pictures of her chewing on it.
**She loves to crawl into her carseat so she can pull the binki out of it.  She only used a binki when she is in her crib or in the car.  I have one attached to her carseat and we bring the carseat in with us.  She climbs into it and pulls it out and then starts crawling away with a look of accomplishment on her face.
 
 **She likes to crawl and look out the back door.  If Justin goes out without her she starts to cry and is sad until he gets back.
**She likes being outside and running her toes through the grass.  She also tries to pick the grass.
**If she doesn't like how the ground feels on her knees she crawls with her bum in the air so only her toes and hands touch the ground.
**She likes crawling to different floor surfaces and she will stop and pat the new surface all excited that it feels different from what she was crawling on before.
**She likes to play on the piano.
 
 
 Brooke really is a greats baby!  She is so happy and so fun to have around.  She definitely keeps us on our toes because she is into everything and is so busy, but I think she is just trying to keep up with Lydia.
 I was able to get Lydia to sit by Brooke for a few pictures.  They are such cute girls and they are both so much fun to have around.  Some times can be a lot harder than others but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I feel so blessed that I am able to stay at home with them and to be able to raise them.
 
I love my two little girls so much!!!!!

No comments: