Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving in Leeds - Day Two

The day after Thanksgiving we started the day off simple by hanging out some more. Lydia and Justin went on a four wheeler ride. Lydia loves being on the four wheeler.Justin was also able to fly his airplane. When we moved into our new house Lydia learned what airplanes are because they fly over our house multiple times during the day. She has grown to love them and gets excited when she sees them or hears them. She loved watching Justin fly his airplane. She kept pointing to it in the air and would even try to jump to catch it.























Lydia loved playing in the dirt too. She loves dirt and getting dirty so much.










We also made turkeys again out of oreo cookies, candy corn, and reeses peanut butter cups. I think the kids enjoyed eating them more than making them.

















Trey made sure to take good care of Brooke again. He is such a great cousin!In the afternoon we went to a place called Staheli Farms. It was so much fun and Lydia was in seventh heaven. There were all sorts of animals there, sheep, reindeer, goats, pigs, horses, chicken, and even a llama. The llama actually spit into Justin's face. I didn't see if happen but I saw Justin's reacting right after it happened and it was priceless. I guess he was trying to pet the llama and the llama apparently didn't want to be pet.











I love watching Lydia with animals. It is so much fun because she gets so excited. She was running from animal to animal, grinning the whole time.








The sun was in a bad position so it made most of the pictures shadowy (not sure if that is a real word, but it works). Also, we never get a picture of Lydia's face. She is way too busy and moves too fast.








They had little things all over for the kids to play on it. It was so much fun!Lydia loved being able to run around and explore.




















I loved this sign. It would be so fun to get pictures of the girls by it every year. I wish I would have taken one of Brooke by the sign, but I didn't even think of doing it. There was also a big jumping area. I'm not sure what it was made out of but everyone had a lot of fun jumping on it.

















Justin especially had a lot of fun.























Once again, Lydia had fun playing in the dirt.








The rubber duck races were also a big hit. Everyone got into the racing. You pumped the spout to get the water to come out and push the ducks to the other end.

















The rope swing was a lot of fun too. Justin definitely was the best at it. He is just like a big kid sometimes.

















Justin's mom, Carol. was a close second on the rope swing.








All of the kids enjoyed the horse swing that was hooked to the hot walker.








I took a picture of Levi and Trey on the horses, but somehow missed getting a picture of Arianna.








Justin was able to show off his roping skills while we were there. Lydia attempted it too.








We had a lot of fun there and definitely want to go back again.After the farm we went to the St. George temple for the lighting of the lights devotional. It was cool to be there when the lights turned on and to feel the spirit that is present on the temple grounds. It was a good way to remember the real reason of Christmas.

1 comment:

Chelly said...

That was way fun having you guys down. I always love seeing you!