Monday, June 27, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

We had a fun Father's Day weekend. We started by planting a zucchini plant and tomato plant in our tiny garden area. Lydia loved helping. She crawled around in the dirt and played with the watering can until she was covered in mud. When she was done we put her right into the tub! Luckily for us she loves baths because she was pretty upset when we took her away from the mud.On Saturday, we went swimming. It was the perfect place for Lydia because she was able to walk in the water. It had stairs that she loved going up and down, along with a little kiddie slide. She also liked the deeper area and wanted to swim on her belly. She loves the water and kept trying to put her face into the water. I only have this one good picture because I just hurried and took it before I got in the water with Justin and Lydia.For Justin's Father's Day date we took him to Red Lobster. Lydia was fascinated with the lobster tank which made it nice because it entertained her while we waited to be seated.When Lydia woke up on Father's Day I went and got her out of her crib and took her into our room where Justin was. He was still laying in bed so I told Lydia to go give him kisses and tell him happy Father's Day. She went over to him and kissed him and then gave him a bug hug. It was the cutest thing ever. I wish I would have had my camera there to get a picture. After church, Lydia and I made dinner for Justin. Well actually, Justin had to cook his own dinner because he knows how he likes his steak, but Lydia and I did the rest. Lydia loves corn on the cob!This is the only Daddy-Daughter picture I took on the Father's Day.Justin is the best dad that a little girl could ever dream of having. Lydia and I are so blessed to have him in our lives! We love you dad-dad!

1 comment:

Tawny said...

She is such a cutie! Hope you guys are doing well!