Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hawaii - Day Seven

Friday, day seven, was our last day in Hawaii. We woke up to flash flood warnings and thunderstorms, which meant that our original plans had to be altered. We were going to go on a jeep tour of a jungle area in Hawaii, but instead we ended up going to the Punchbowl Cemetery. It worked out well because Justin's grandma had been wanting to go to the cemetery (we just didn't know it because she never came out and said it).The Punchbowl Cemetery is a veterans' cemetery.It was interesting to walk around for a little while, until it started down pouring on us.After the cemetery we headed back to the hotel until it quit raining and then we went to the Honolulu Zoo.It was a fun zoo. The scenery around it was so pretty that it was worth walking through the zoo just for it.Here are some pictures of the animals they had there (don't worry, I won't post all of them).The next picture is hard to tell what they are, but they are hippos.It Justin was a bird, this is what he would look like.After the zoo we went to the base of Diamond Head. We contemplated hiking to the top, but it was still raining and would have been hard to hike with Justin's grandma. We did see some great views though.After that we went and hung out at the hotel until it was time to head to the airport. Justin and I had a 9:00 PM flight; Justin's parents and his grandma didn't leave until the next day. It was a very long flight. I got sick and couldn't sleep at all. Luckily, we had our own personal screens to watch movies on though. This is how the airport looked when we were walking to our gate.This is how we felt about having to leave Hawaii.But Justin and I both know that I was secretly feeling like this:It was a very fun trip to Hawaii, but it was a little bit too long to be away from Lydia. I missed her too much.

No comments: