Friday, October 1, 2010

Tennessee Day 7

On Tuesday, Matthew and Lisa had to work again. We went to the mall again-we didn't make it all the way through the first day so we figured we would go back. Lisa came with us for the first part of the morning. She didn't have to work until noon so we had a girl's morning out. It was a lot of fun just walking around and talking. After Lisa left for work mom, Lydia, and I walked around the mall a little bit more and then went back to the hotel for Lydia to take a nap.This is from a different angle.
When I went and checked on Lydia during her nap she had her legs up on the side of the crib and her binki is barely still in her mouth. We also let Lydia play a little. She just wanted to be held. This is how she ended up. I guess when grandmas are left in charge even for a little bit, this is what happens. Matthew was able to get off work early and he took us to see downtown Knoxville. It is a cool city. They have a park that goes through the middle of it and that is where the University of Tennessee is located too.There is also a memorial for all the people that lived in East Tennessee that have lost their lives in any of the wars.Downtown Knoxville is also famous for the Sunsphere. It was created for the theme of the World's Fair in 1982.We were able to go inside of the Sunsphere and look out over the city from the observation deck.This the view that we were able to see. You can see the University of Tennessee in the above picture.I need to point out that in most pictures where Lydia is in her stroller, she has her feet up on the tray thing in the front. She gets that from me. I do that in the car whenever Justin and I go somewhere in my expedition.These pictures are so we would know where we were.Lydia is fascinated with Matthew and just watches him whenever he is around. It is pretty funny.Knoxville also had a monument for a famous composer. I guess he performed his last symphony in Knoxville.There was a river/stream running down the middle of the park by the Sunsphere too. It was a pretty area to walk around.There was also a park there that we stopped and played at. So much fun.
After we were done at the Sunsphere we drove through the city a little more and saw more of the town. We ended back at Matthew's house and he made us tacos for dinner and then my mom and Matthew went and picked Lisa up from work. I stayed back at their apartment with Lydia and we talked to Justin on skype!It was so much fun! Lydia started to squeal and kick when she saw him and heard his voice. She misses him so much. It was cute to see but sad also because she misses him. It was so much fun talking with Justin though. Isn't he cute?

No comments: