Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lydia Turns Five Months Old!

Our little girl is getting so big and so old. Time has gone by so quickly. On Friday, July 23rd, Lydia turned five months old!I know that I am a little camera happy. I love taking pictures of Lydia. She is just so cute!She didn't like posing too much on the tractor. The sun was in her eyes because we had to turn it around so we wouldn't be taking the pictures into the sun.My parents bought Lydia this little hat so we thought it would be a fun picture.She is looking at the ceiling fans in this last picture.Isn't she the cutest little cowgirl ever? We have so much fun with her. She is developing so much.

Here is a list of things that she is up to now:

**She shakes her head side to side as if she is saying no. It is really really cute. I tried to record it but every time I get the video recorder out she starts watching it instead of shaking her head.

**She will put her arms up to reach for you (if you wiggle your fingers. I think she is trying to play with my fingers instead, but it still makes me feel good thinking she is wanting me).

**She tries to crawl when we lay her on her stomach. She wants to go somewhere but doesn't quite have the concept down. She gets high centered.

**She tries very hard to sit up by herself but still tips over every now and then.

**She loves her daddy so much. She turns and watches him whenever he says anything.

**She likes watching tv. Every now and then I turn something on for her so she will just calm down and relax.

**She has this little toy that she tries to chew on but she puts it in her mouth and moves her head side to side and it makes a squeaky noise.

**She still sings.

**She has started making this new high pitched squeal/talking thing. I don't know exactly how to describe it but it is pretty funny for the first thirty minutes or so and then it gets a little loud.
She takes after her daddy.

**She rolls onto her side all of the time to reach toys. She can roll over all the way but doesn't do it very often.

**She likes to curl her legs up and roll to her side when she is tired. She grasps onto her little blanket, rolls to the side, and then falls asleep.

**She kicks the ground over and over again when she is laying on the floor or in her crib. That is usually how we know she is awake because we hear this pounding noise.

**She is eating rice cereal and carrots how. She has to hold onto her own spoon so that she doesn't try to grab the one that I am trying to feed her with.
We love having her in our life so much. She is so cute! We are excited for the next month to start.

1 comment:

Chelly said...

How cute are those cowgirl pictures! It's a good thing I'm already pregnant, otherwise reading all your posts would make me baby hungry!