Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pioneer Day Weekend- Days Four and Five

Saturday was Pioneer Day. Mendon does a celebration every year for the 24th. It is called Mendon Days. Pretty creative, huh? This is Lydia playing before the celebrations start!
We started the day by going to the breakfast that the firemen put together. It was pretty good breakfast. My parents just like to walk around with Lydia and show her off to all of their friends. After that we went and watched the animal events. They had a pig, chicken, and rabbit chase along with mutton bustin'. It was fun watching all of the kids. Nathan tried to catch a rabbit (mostly he just ran around all crazy like chasing the kids).Justin tried to catch a pig. I missed it because I had left to feed Lydia and didn't know that they were going to let the "older" kids take part in the chases.He didn't catch one. I guess he just had fun chasing the other "kids" too. After the animal events they had a little parade. Small town parades are the best because they throw candy! Lydia had fun waiting for the parade to start.Then she got tired and fell asleep.She always falls asleep with one of three little blankets that we have for her. Spoiled little girl!She woke up after the parade in time to get some of the beads that people threw out.Nathan enjoyed the parade too. He think it is funny that they throw candy. There were also a few floats that had water they either squirt or threw out. My mom didn't enjoy that very much! I thought the scouts had a creative float. They had a raft in a trailer and they had buckets full of water that they were throwing out onto people.After the parade they had the fire trucks come and the firemen turned on the hoses and squirt everyone. Justin and I went and ran through the water and the foam they were squirting. It was a lot of fun.They also did a firework show. Last year when I was pregnant my dad bought us a flashing binki for our baby. This is the first of three firework shows that I remembered to take it to.We had a lot of fun watching the fireworks. Lydia does so good even if it is past her bedtime!

On Sunday we went to church, ate dinner, and then headed home. We had a lot of fun over the weekend.We tried to get pictures of the grand kids with my mom, but they were too busy looking at each other to pose.

No comments: