Justin's parents and his sister's family came and spent a couple of days with us for Memorial Day weekend. It was fun to be able to see them and visit with them and to show them how much Lydia has grown since they last saw her. On Friday we went out to dinner (this is everyone waiting at Chili's). After dinner we went to Brandon and Stacey's hotel to swim. Trey loves to swim and is really good at it considering he is only six.Levi is almost 18 months and he also enjoys the water.Lydia and I didn't go swimming. We just sat and watched everyone for awhile and then we went up to their room so Lydia could go to bed. It was a few hours past her bedtime.Justin really likes the water too. Once Lydia is a little bigger we'll take her swimming and if she is anything like she is in the tub she'll have tons of fun. She loves taking baths so we think she'll love to swim.On Saturday we went to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. It was a little different from what we expected but it was still a lot of fun. This picture is of Justin's family at the entrance of the museum.This picture makes Lydia look like she is terrified or something. So funny!They had a hands on learning center in the museum where you can experiment with different things. It was pretty interesting.These glasses distort your vision. You are supposed to shoot the basketball while looking through them. I didn't make any baskets. We had fun walking around the museum and looking at the different things. Taking Justin is sometimes like taking along another kid! Gotta love him! Trey had fun digging in the dirt trying to find the dinosaur bones.After the museum we went back to our house and had a little barbecue. Stacey and Brandon left Saturday afternoon, Ron and Carol and Trey stayed until Sunday morning. Trey had to get a little Wii in first. Trey is pretty cute with little kids. He wants to hold them and carry them around all the time. After our guests left we took a little bit of time to catch up on some sleep.Sunday night my parents and my sister's family came over for a bbq. I didn't take any pictures though but it was fun to have everyone over.
Monday morning Justin and I took the opportunity to plant the flowers in our front yard (the weather hadn't been cooperating before hand- a week earlier it was snowing).
I loved the comment you made that taking Justin was like taking another kid! It's so true!! And if you haven't noticed my dad's still the same way... I don't think he will EVER grow up! But yet again I don't think Clayton will ever grow up either, but what can you do! Gotta love them anyway!
True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one's companion."
Gordon B. Hinckley
Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about little puppies.
"Friends who love you will build you up when you are falling down and pick you up and carry you when you are too stubborn to walk." ~Unknown
"The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too." ~ Samuel Butler
4 comments:
Thanks for the bbque!! We had fun!
Those glasses you had on in the museum must be just like mine because when I'm wearing mine I can't make any baskets either!
I loved the comment you made that taking Justin was like taking another kid! It's so true!! And if you haven't noticed my dad's still the same way... I don't think he will EVER grow up! But yet again I don't think Clayton will ever grow up either, but what can you do! Gotta love them anyway!
You are such the gardener!! I am glad to see that you are having such a good time down there!! We miss you here of course!
Post a Comment