Monday, June 21, 2010

Lydia's First Camping Trip

Last weekend we went camping with my sisters. We went up American Fork Canyon to the Timpooneke Campgrounds. We had a lot of fun and the weather was perfect!Lydia was an angel during the trip. She fell asleep while playing in her car seat out by the fire and then when I moved her into the tent when we all went to bed, she ate and cried for about five minutes (loud, hard crying) and then while I was holding her she instantly fell asleep. Silly little girl. She woke up a few times during the night, but once I put the binki back into her mouth she fell back to sleep.When we were setting up the tents we realized that the tent Justin and I were going to use was missing a pole so we weren't able to use the tent. It was pretty funny. Luckily for us, Cammie had bought Dan a tent for Father's Day that was the size of Texas and had room divider things so Justin, Lydia and I shared a tent with them. Nathan thought us doing shadow puppets on the walls was pretty funny.
Justin was out searching for fire wood and went looking in some bush things and ended up with these pokey things on him.
This is a picture of the guys around the campfire. I like how Hunter posed for the picture too (he is the golden retriever in the background).Nathan loves playing Lydia. They are such good friends!Nathan sitting in my chair eating a pop tart. I think he thought he was getting away with something.Lydia was sitting in Nathan's little chair. I think this is one of my favorite pictures. It makes her look so big and so old.Cammie, Dan, and Nathan standing by there huge tent.Brady and Jillian standing by their tent.Us standing by Cammie's tent. Nathan was insistent on being in the picture with us. This was Justin and Lydia first thing in the morning. Lydia slept in the middle of Justin and I so we could make sure that she stayed warm enough.Don't you love Lydia's little flower hair. The flower pajamas makes it straighten out. So cute.
This is a view of the canyon. It is so nice to be in the outdoors.
On the way down the canyon we took a detour to Tibble Fork Reservoir. We had a good time camping!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

We sure had fun!! Thanks for going with us and helping us fill our hotel tent.