Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve Evening

In the afternoon on Christmas Eve we made ginger bread houses. Lydia decided to take an extra long nap, so she missed making the houses. We were trying to squeeze things into the afternoon and we were running out of time. I feel bad she didn't get to help because I am sure she would have enjoyed eating all of the candy as we were trying to make the houses.
























I didn't get a finished product picture of Jillian and Brady's because they were still working on it, but as you can tell in the pictures, theirs was pretty fancy. They used golden grahams as shingles for the roof!











After we made gingerbread houses, Grandma Rowley and Chester came over for dinner.Once dinner was finished we had a special visitor stop by the house. Santa came! Lydia still didn't want to sit on his lap, or be anywhere near him. Santa gave her a magna doodle and she knows that it came from him, but she didn't want to be close to him. We've seen him multiple times through out the month and I thought that she might warm up to him, but she never did.
Brady wasn't there when Santa came this year so we don't have a picture of Brady and Santa.After Santa left we divided the gifts and then opened the gifts from the siblings. My family rotates through a schedule of which sibling we give to each year. This year we gave to Matthew and Lisa and they gave to us. They gave us Just Dance 3 for the Wii and some Disney books. Lydia loved the books. She is a big Mickey fan and one of them was all about Mickey and she loves it! The girls also opened up their Christmas Eve gift of pajamas. For some reason though, I didn't take a picture of the girls in their pajamas. Oops. I'll be better next year...maybe.After we did the gifts we did a little Nativity program. Nathan told a very animated version of the nativity story. It was the cutest thing ever. Jillian and Brady then did a duet of Away in a Manger where Jillian played the piano and Brady played the guitar.Nathan then set out cookies for Santa and food for the reindeer and off to bed we went.

No comments: