Friday, September 30, 2011

Making Cookies

The other day Lydia and I decided to make cookies. This is the first time that I have made cookies with her help, and she absolutely loved it! I thought that she would get bored and lose interest, but she wanted to help the whole way through.(Please excuse my messy kitchen in the background, still trying to unpack.)
Lydia was actually really cute about it. She helped me pour the ingredients in and kept putting her spoon into the bowl to help stir.When we went to mix the ingredients with the mixer she kept her hand on top of it. This made me laugh because when she helps make home made bread at my parents' house she always puts her hand on top the the Bosch lid while it is mixing.She liked helping grease the pan. She thought it was a lot of fun. Lydia loves the oven mit. I waited until she was taking a nap to bake the cookies because she was wanting to help so much I was afraid that she would burn herself on the oven. When we were done making the dough, I gave her a little bit of dough on a spoon and she kept walking around licking it. I also noticed her trying to share it with Brooke. Such a good big sister. The funniest part of making cookies though is when I poured the chocolate chips into the bowl. Lydia noticed what they were and reached in and grabbed a handful out to eat. This is how Brooke helped make cookies. So cute.

2 comments:

Grandma Caylinn said...

Good job with the cookies Lydia!! I like how Brooke helps, she learned that from me!! Grandpa wants Lydia to make him some cookies to bring with her in two weeks!

Holli said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to make cookies with Achaia!
Holli