11 years ago
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Brooke Linn Whitmer
Brooke Linn Whitmer was born on Monday, September 19, 2011 at 12:34 pm. She weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce and was 20 inches long.
We are so excited to have her here. Her official due date was September 29th, so she ended up coming 10 days early. We had set September 22nd to be induced since she was measuring bigger at the last part of the pregnancy but she decided she wanted to come on her own.
We just moved into a new home on Saturday and were hoping to have the house a little more unpacked before she came, but I guess she had other plans. I will post the whole story in another post.
Here we are waiting for her to arrive.
We had a really good labor and delivery nurse. Having a good nurse makes such a big difference in the delivery process.
Brooke didn't want to cry when she was first born. The Dr. Bowman and the nurse kept trying to get her to cry, but she wouldn't. She was turning pink and everything like she was supposed to so they weren't worried about it. They both commented that she was a very calm baby because of it. She only cried for about 5 seconds when she was given her shots.
This was Justin's first time holding Brooke.
Me and Brooke with our nurse Jeanine in the background.
Brooke is so cute. She kept trying to hold onto things.

I was excited for Lydia to come to the hospital to meet Brooke. My parents bought her a little baby of her own that would cry until you would feed it. Lydia brought it to the hospital and was excited to show us.
She didn't quite know what to think of Brooke. She looked at her for a while and kept trying to touch her. It was cute watching her with her. 



Her attention span only lasted so long because she was too interested in everything else in the hospital room.


Lydia only stayed for a little while until she was ready to head back home. It was fun having her there though. She made sure to kiss Brooke bye bye.
Here are some picture of Brooke's first bath.
Here are Brooke's visitors at our hospital room. My mom, she came with Lydia of course since she is staying with her and watching her.
My dad
Our good friends Jay and Joan Rohner
Lydia leaving after her second visit - she came back when my dad came to see Brooke. My dad spent the afternoon deep cleaning our old apartment since we didn't have time before Brooke came.
Our first family picture
Our first day with Brooke was so much fun. We are so excited to have her here and so blessed that everything went well and that she was born healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Congratulations!! What a cute family, I am glad to get to spend some time with all of you.
She is perfect! I'm so excited to meet her! You guys make some cute girls!!
A new house and a new baby, wow! Congrats!
So cute. I agree with Steph, a new house and a baby within days. So, did you buy a house? We might head down that way in a month or so I'll call you if so.
Congrats on your sweet baby girl! She is darling!!
Congrats!! She is gorgeous! I'm so glad to know we aren't the only ones who have babies with a head full of hair!
Congrats!!! I am so glad she is here and healthy! I kept checking your blog for news but couldn't remember when you were due but thought it was September. She is beautiful and I love her hair! Having babies with hair is a lot of fun! Carter has needed a hair cut from day 1 but still after 3 1/2 months, I can't do it! :) Lydia looks like a perfect big sister! Good luck!
Post a Comment