Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Hogle Zoo

On Monday we took Lydia to the zoo. It was a little crowded because it was Labor Day, but the weather was perfect and Lydia loved the animals so that made up for it. Lydia was so excited. She didn't want to sit in the stroller and kept running from one thing to the next. I don't think that she could figure out what she wanted to look at.We went and saw the elephants first and we were going to stay and watch the Elephant Encounter, but Lydia decided that she had other places to go and took off. We couldn't even get her to hold still for five minutes before it started.She walked around the zoo like she knew just where she was going and like she was the biggest kid there. It was so funny watching her. She is quite the character.She liked watching the tigers because they were pretty close to the front of the cage.She really enjoyed getting a drink from the lion's head.Lydia and Justin also enjoyed their ride on the carousel.Here we are measuring up to the gorillas.Lydia didn't want to hold still in the picture with Justin., but she did pretty good for her picture.Lydia also liked playing at the park area that they have at the zoo. When the train would go by she would run over to the fence and stick her head in between the posts and wave like crazy. It was funny watching her. I wasn't able to get a good picture of her doing it though.
I love this picture of her laying on the alligator. She had so much fun going from thing to thing.After the zoo Lydia and Justin played in the sandbox at home. I thought it was a cute picture so I had to include it. We enjoyed having Justin off of work for a day and being able to just hang out.

No comments: