Thursday, September 13, 2012

State Fair

We were able to go to the Utah State Fair.  We enjoy going.  The girls like being out of the house and they both love the rodeo.  We usually try to go the same night as the rodeo which make it even more fun!  We started at the Little Hands on the Farm section where the girls got to walk around from place to place collecting wool, grain, and other farm items.  They also got to plant some vegetables and harvest some vegetables.  In the end they take all of their items to the market and sell them.  They are given money and they get to buy a prize.  Brooke and Lydia both had a lot of fun!  Lydia especially liked getting the money in the end.
 
 
 
 I love watching Brooke try to be as big as Lydia is.  She copies everything that she does.  It is so cute!
 Lydia was excited that she was given money!
 We walked through the booths and stuff next and then headed over the animals.  The girls were both very excited about this.  We went on a perfect day because the weather was great and it wasn't crowded at all!
 Brooke likes riding on Justin's shoulders.
 
 Brooke had as much fun looking at the animals as Lydia did.
 
 
 Lydia is getting pretty good about turning around and posing for pictures!
 
 I love the cheesy grin on her face.  She is so cute!  She was having so much fun.
 
 
 I thought it was funny when we saw the ponies because Lydia went over to them and stood and watched them going around but never asked if she could ride them.  I guess she knew she had one at home.
 We were able to go to the rodeo too.  This was my attempt to get a picture of all of us there.  The girls didn't want to be in.  Brooke and Lydia were so good all through the rodeo.  Brooke didn't make a sound the whole time and just watched the horses move around the arena.  Lydia thinks it is funny that the horses jump (bareback and saddle back bronc riding).  She was funny with the team roping and steer wrestling too because I was explaining to her what was happening and one of the cows got away so I said, Oh man, the cow got away, and ever since then she would say, "Tie cow up, go horses go.  Oh man cow away."  I love listening to her tell stories about what she did to people.  She is getting so grown up!
 
 
We really had so much fun!  It is always nice to get to spend time with our little family.

No comments: