Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trip to Leeds Part 1

We went to Leeds to visit with Justin's family over the weekend.  We got there late Thursday night and stayed until Sunday.  On Friday we went to Snow Canyon to let Brooke and Lydia play in the sand dunes.  They both loved it!!!!  This is Lydia showing her excited face before we left on the little walk to get to the sand dunes.
Brooke liked riding in the back pack.  She kept playing with Justin's hat.
 
 
Brooke and Lydia both loved crawling around in the sand.  It surprised me that Brooke had so much fun with it.  I don't know why because she crawls all over the place all the time, but it seemed funny to me.  I guess I keep thinking that she is still just a little baby.
 
 
 Lydia thought it was so much fun to crawl around and have Brooke crawl behind her.  They crawled all over the place.
 
 
Brooke ended up face planting it and got sand all over her face, in her eyes, and in her mouth.  Of course you have to take a picture before you clean them up, right?
 
Lydia had fun burying Grandma Carol's feet and Justin's feet in the sand.
 
Justin had just as much fun as the girls did playing in the sand.  Here he took off running into the part of the sand that didn't have any foot prints yet.
 Brooke loves being on Justin's shoulders.
Michelle and Arianna met up with us a little bit later and we ate a little picnic lunch and then went on a hike on a trail called Pioneer Names.  I guess some of the early pioneers had carved their names into the rock.
Lydia and Arianna both loved climbing up the rocks.  They were both great little climbers too.
 
 
I carried Brooke in the pack for this walk.
 

We had a lot of fun.  We hadn't ever gone to Snow Canyon in all of our trips to Leeds so it was a lot of fun to get out and explore a little.
We were lucky because the weekend we were there was a little cooler than it had been the past few weeks in St. George.  By the time we left Snow Canyon though, it was getting pretty warm.   I loved watching the girls have so much fun.

No comments: