Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tulip Festival

Justin and I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point for our anniversary. The day was a little windy and a bit cold, but it was still fun to get outside and walk around. We kept Lydia pretty covered up because she doesn't like the wind and she just sits and gasps if she is hit with any wind.This was my first weekend in Eagle Mountain. I moved up on April 30th. Justin was able to leave work early on Friday, May 1 and this is when we celebrated our anniversary. We were worried that he would end up working late on the actual date of our anniversary so we celebrated early. It was nice because it wasn't crowded at all. I think we saw two other groups the whole time we were there. We figured that since it was still a Friday and it was a little stormy that a lot of people probably were still at work or kept away because of the weather.We had fun just goofing off and enjoying the time together. It was a pretty hard nine week without him being able to be with us every night. We were only able to have phone conversations which didn't always go well because when he had time I was busy and when I had time he was busy. It is so much nicer to just live with him!On the waterfalls there was an owl that had babies under her wing. You can't really see them in the picture, but they were tiny and just looked like little balls of fluff.On Saturday we drove to Payson to drive through the Mt. Nebo Loop. It was raining the whole way there and took about an hour to get there. Once we got there we drove a little bit up the canyon and ran into a Road Closed sign. It was pretty funny. Neither of us thought that the road might still be closed because all of the snow hadn't melted yet. It was still a fun adventure though. We then went to the Olive Garden for dinner and on Monday we went to Cold Stone for ice cream. We had a great anniversary!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I like your family pictures where Lydia is covered up in the stroller! Hit me kind of funny! Looks like fun! :)