Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lydia Update

Lydia is getting bigger and bigger every day. She is a very alert baby and is always looking at her surroundings. She is starting to fight falling to sleep. When she is tired she will start t cry. We've learned that if we lay her down as soon as she starts to seem tired that she will just look around for a few minutes and then fall asleep without the fuss.
We bought her this giraffe, Jimmy, and she loves it. It plays music and moves its head around. Lydia loves to look at it and reach out and touch it while she is falling asleep.
Lydia has lots of cute outfits that she gets to wear. Sometimes I feel that they make her look older than she is so I put her in jammies so she'll still look little.
These pictures were taken May 3, 2010.She loves to look at the ceiling fan in our bedroom still. They must seems so fascinating to such a little baby. Brady and Jillian made Lydia these onesies. This one is hard to see because I only took a picture from my phone, but it says" I'm An Oh My Gosh Baby." They were teasing Justin when they made it because whenever Justin makes steak and it turns out really good he'll take a bite and then say, "Oh my gosh" and sit and brag about how good his steaks are. I guess Justin makes good babies too.This one says: "I shizzled in my dizzle." I tried to get them to come change the shizzle in the dizzle, but they wouldn't. It's kinda funny because she had a blow out in both of these outfits. I wonder if she was trying to tell them something?Brady edited these pictures for us too. He's such a creative fellow. Isn't Lydia such a pretty flower?Lydia and I both have brown vests so I couldn't help but to wear them on the same day. So cute. She is a little doll. So much fun to dress up.
These pictures were taken May 4, 2010.

Lydia's cousin, Nathan, loves her. He is always trying to help her. He helps change her diaper, buckle her in her car seat, he reads her stories, he tries to feed her, etc. It is pretty cute to watch him with her. He even baby talks to her.
Lydia has made some new friends recently too. This is Woody and Buzz from Toy Story. One day I will look back on this picture and look at the dolls and wonder when she ever was so little, but right now she still seems so big too me.
I think this picture says it all. "Diet Coke is disgusting Grandma. I don't care if Nathan likes it, it is gross and I will not drink it!"
Lydia only wants to be in the sitting position. If she has been laying down she will try to pull herself up. Obviously, she can't do it yet, but she sure tries. It is so cute to try and watch. The only way she will let you hold her is if she is facing away from and you are holding her as if she is sitting. She definitely knows what she wants and likes.
These pictures were taken May 11, 2010.It is funny because Lydia really smiles a lot, but she doesn't seem to ever smile when I have the camera out.
Picture taken May 12, 2010
We have been watching Hollie and she is pretty "protective" about Lydia. She always wants to be by her and make sure that she is okay. Here I guess she thought she needed to take a nap right next to her.

We had a really good first Mother's Day. I forgot to take pictures, but Justin changed all of the diapers (except for the night time ones after I fed her). It made it really nice though to just hand her off to him. He is really good about helping out anyway. We then went to my grandma's for dinner with the extended family. It was a good day.
We didn't think to take a picture of Lydia and me on our first Mother's Day, but I stole these two from my sister's blog.This is my mom and her two grandchildren. The shirt that Lydia is wearing is actually a 0-3 month dress that is really short on her, so I added blue pants and made it into an outfit; that made it so she could wear it more than once.

Lydia has reached a few milestones. She rolled over for the first time on Sunday, April 25th. She rolled from her tummy to her back. She doesn't do it every time she is on her tummy now, but she has done it a few times since then. I was so excited because Justin was with us when she did it. It was nice that he got to see it instead of me just telling him about it.

If she is positioned just right she can sit up by herself and then she will slowly start to tip over. She holds her head up really well and has pretty good muscle tone. Justin likes to hold her over his head. She stays stiff as a board.

On May 6th, she did her first real laugh. It was just a short one though. On May 11th, I got her to laugh for about five minutes. Justin was home for this too. She has the cutest little laugh. She is ticklish under her neck so I was talking to her and tickling her and she just giggled and laughed. So so cute. I could listen to that giggle all day long.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Lydia you are so cute!!

Julienne said...

I can't believe how much she looks like a little doll. So cute that she almost looks fake! What a cute girl you have there! I haven't been to the ward lately (since Nate got his new calling) so it hasn't been as hard not to have you there, but that doesn't mean that I don't miss you! We love blogs and facebook! thank goodness

bobandhaley said...

She is such a cutie! By the way, I loved the mothers day idea of having daddy change all the diapers... I will have to use that next year :) And I love that cut dress/pants outfit!