Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Temple Square

For my work Christmas party we had dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in downtown Salt Lake City, and then the partners pay for us to stay at the Little America over night. It is always fun to be able to get away for a night.
We rode Trax from the hotel over to Temple Square so we could look at the lights before dinner. It was pretty cold outside.We were able to get some fun pictures. I love Temple Square, and I love it even more at Christmas time. It always amazes me at how many lights they put up and how well they do it. It has to take so long to get everything just perfect.
We had a lot of fun and enjoyed being able to just hang out and relax a little before finals week.
I absolutely love the Salt Lake Temple. It totally amazes me when I hear stories about the early pioneers building it and how they were inspired to leave space in the ceilings for air conditioning and heater vents, along with a space for elevators. It is truly amazing. I definitely love to see the temple!!!

No comments: