Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In Memory of Kyrri

Kyrri
September 2001 - December 2008

I ended up having to put Kyrri down the other day. She got sick about a month ago so Justin and I moved her into a flat cage without any perches because of problems she was having with her claw that wouldn't let her balance anymore. At first I felt really bad about making her be on the flat surface, but we later realized that she enjoyed it a lot. She would run all over it and rearrange the mirrors and toys that we had put in there for her. Even though she was sick she still wanted to wrestle with us (she would play fight against our fingers...she loved it).

She had been a good bird. She learned to whistle the same way that we used to whistle to call my puppy to come to us. Kyrri enjoyed trying to make more noise than Justin when he would start singing. She was fun to play with and to have around. We will both definitely miss her and her cute, little personality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was really cute! All the other birds will be happy she is with them now.

Nathan said...

Sorry about Kyrri. She was a good little birdie. I thought she was cute!