Thursday, December 18, 2008

How to Make Cookies

Justin and I decided to make some Christmas cookies. I was still feeling a little sore, so I just made the dough and Justin pretty much did the rest! He is the Ultimate Cookie Maker. Let's go over the steps on how to make the perfect Christmas Sugar Cookie.

Step One- Make the dough. (No picture provided)
Step Two- Get some dough from the bowl
Step Three- Roll the dough into just the right thickness
Step Four- Use the cookie cutter to cut out the Christmas shape desired
Step Five - Put the cookies onto the cookie sheet and into the oven for cooking (important note- contrary to the belief of my mother, cookies should not be cooked for the full time stated on the recipe)
Step Six - Put the cookies on the counter, make a complete mess, and get ready for frosting.
Step Seven - Decorate cookies with frosting (made exactly how Justin likes it with various taste tests in the process) and sprinkles as desired. (Justin does not believe in using sprinkles sparingly)
And there you have it. The perfect Christmas cookie!



For those of you who don't enjoy reading, please feel free to watch the above movie of "The Ultimate Redheaded Chef" making the cookies himself in a step by step process. You will have to turn your volume up pretty loud.

3 comments:

Mike and JaNae said...

We'd better get some Rowley/Whitmer cookies if were driving all the way up to Logan for New Years!! YUM!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the cookies you guys. Mine are gone, make some more!!

Nathan said...

Ummm... I was making cookies by watching the video... I got to putting flour on the roller. Now what do I do?