Brittany is still at work so I decided to make my first post on our blog. As everyone knows I am from the best place ever called Leeds, Utah. I have been telling Brittany that we are going to move there, but she thinks it is too hot down there and she really likes Logan and wants to stay here (I like Logan too, but I LOVE southern Utah). So I am making a list of reasons why Leeds is Better than Logan. Anyone can try to dispute but are going to be wrong.
WEATHER (lets start with this):
Leeds- People say it is too hot down there, but 320 days of the year is AWESOME weather down there, the other 20 are a little hot but there are plenty lakes to go jump in and still have fun, and the other 25 are a little cold but put on ONE coat and be fine to do whatever you want still. Scrape your windshield maybe 5 times the whole year and shovel your driveway of snow ZERO times. So basically you can ride horses 365 days a year if so pleased.
Logan - There are plenty of awesome days in Logan as well but nothing like Leeds, I would say something around 200 days. Logan gets way too cold in the winter time, you need to put on like 12 coats to stay warm, and Logan has plenty of hot days as well. You start scraping your windshield in early October and shovel your driveway, well too many times to make it worth it. So ride your horse 165 days less in logan than in leeds.
STORES:
Leeds - Alright so Leeds does not have many stores, but there are plenty of stores just fifteen minutes away. Lets see there is a Sportsmans Warehouse, last time I checked Logan does not. Costco is better than Sams Club any day, and where is a Kay's Jeweler or a Target in Logan. I need a Kay's for Brittany's ring and everyone knows how nice a Target is. Oh and the stores are spread out and not just on one street like Logan.
Logan - So stores might be closer by miles in Logan than Leeds but it still takes the same amount of time because of how bad the traffic is on main street in Logan. That's all I need to say.
RESTAURANTS:
No comparison on this one I am just going to say that within fifteen minutes again there are way more restaurants from Leeds than Logan. There is an Applebees, a Red Lobster, a Texas Roadhouse, a Mongolian Barbeque, a Famous Daves, a Cracker Barrell, a Chuck a Rama, an Outback Steakhouse, and of course the famous Pizza and Pasta Factories that are not in Logan. I could go on but I will just leave it at that.
FUN STUFF TO DO:
Leeds - Where do I start with this one. Lets start with horseback riding, there are plenty of trails right there in Leeds where you can saddle up your horse and ride from the farm, you can even ride right from the house and get to Pine Valley Mountain (Oak Grove). Riding dirt bikes and four wheelers are right there you can ride on the road in Leeds now from your house to get to plenty of miles of trails, whether its to Oak Grove or to the Virgin River and Babylon Rd. "Jeepin" or in my case now "truckin" is WAY better in the south than up here, with the trails and the rocks and the sand dunes. Lakes, you have a lake within 5 minutes and another lake within 10 minutes. Zions National Park, the third most visited National Park, is just a half hour away. Las Vegas is the same distance from Leeds as Salt Lake is from Logan, and Vegas is better than Salt Lake hands down. You might say that there is no snowboarding close to Leeds, wrong just one hour away is Brian Head which is a better resort than Beaver which takes 50 minutes to get to from Logan. Again I could keep going on with fun stuff to do but will stop at that.
Logan - There is definitely fun stuff to do in Logan, like all the mountains and canyons to drive up and to see pretty fall colors. And there are lakes close to Logan like Bear Lake you might say there is nothing like that down south, true but go just 30 more minutes than it would take you to get to Bear Lake from Logan and be at Lake Powell from Leeds, as some say the best lake ever. There is one thing that Logan might have closer and that is snowmobiling, although from Leeds you are only 40 minutes from dang good snowmobiling up Cedar Canyon.
Just one more thing, free property, I could save tons of money and I mean like 100 to 200 thousand dollars by building on the gorgeous property in Leeds and having a million dollar view which my parents have.
So if you are not convinced that Leeds is better than Logan now than I am sorry that you are lying to yourself.
(I really have nothing wrong with Logan and would be fine living here, but I still believe Leeds is better.)
11 years ago




17 comments:
Wow someone had way to much time on their hands today! I am just glad you didn't add the mother in law pros and cons on that list. Smart young man!
Okay, Uncle and Auntie.... I will make it easy for you. You should meet (about) half way and live by me! Then we can play everyday! Won't that be fun.
I would start listing all the restaurants and things to do... but Justin's blog post was already long enough, so I won't. Basically, Salt Lake is way better.
So bring Grandma and Grandpa, and EVERYONE move back to Salt Lake where you belong! I came to this earth thinking you were all just right down the street to play with... but no! You all moved when I was just a little baby. Now it is time to come back.
P.S. I will buy you a puppy Auntie if you move by me. :)
Ya know....Leeds sounds alot like Vegas...Ahhhh we LOVE Vegas!!
LEEDS! Leeds! LEEDS! Leeds!
My vote is for Leeds too. I absolutely love Logan, but when you got to the part about Las Vegas, Leeds won hands down! Nice argument Justin!
Sounds like someone is missing his mommy's apron strings!
I think that Justin forgot to mention that in Leeds the wind always blows! So you basically have it way hot and windy or cold and windy. Not to mention in Logan you have the changing seasons, spring flowers, green summers, colorful falls, and white winters. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Leeds...I'm just saying there are more pros to Logan!
What about Hollie? Logan is closer to Hollie than Leeds is!
I agree with Justin, I mean the inversions in Logan is almost like living in LA with the smog.
For all I care Justin can go live in Leeds. I'm staying in Logan! Or moving by my favorite sibling, Matthew, in Knoxville.
I actually don't want Justin to move to Leeds. That is why we are having the Logan v Leeds debate in the first place. I like Logan and think that Justin and I should both stay here together. Although visiting my favorite brother - who must also be using the username of Brittany - would be fun. Maybe in May!
Justin, I don't believe you had to scrape your windows in October. Riding horses in the heat is not very fun. Logan is obviously better because you met your wife here...not in the so called wonderful Leeds. And land is always priced according to its real value...and usually land around ghost towns are not very expensive anyway.
Don't worry everyone will be able to come visit Brittany and me when we move to Leeds next year. I will have all sorts of fun planned, don't forget a swimsuit and a change of clothes, everything else will be provided.
I hate to get involved in such silly little trivial discussions such as this! BUT I just want to remind Brit. that lots of wind means lots of fresh air, and it only blows about 6 days a month or there about, or when you come to visit (is there any connection) any way there are five national parks in So. Utah. and it is way less crowded south of Nephi. But, like I say I don't want to get involved.
Love and Peace
Ron
P.S. From a former hippie!
P.P.S. Obama is going to save us all !
Ummm... if you are going to move closer to someone who voted for Obama... I would stay in Logan.
I feel like I should comment on this debate, but since I've never been to either place, I'm just going to play it safe and say that they are both fabulous places!
I just wanted to say hi and thanks Brittany for leaving a comment on my blog- I didn't know you had one! And I love that you have wedding pictures up since I didn't get to go :-(
We won't get to go to SLC anytime soon with #3 on the way (we don't have a name picked yet, so that's her name "#3")- so keep posting so I can keep up on everyone's lives that I feel so far away from!
I have to diagree with you all VERNAL is better. Stacey will never move back to Leeds, it is tooooooooo hot. Trey is haveing a hard time looseing his tan after liveing there for the first two and a half years of his life.
Post a Comment