Lydia's hair has grown to be pretty long. The main problem with it is that the bottom layer curls up really tight and the top layer stays straight which makes her hair look straggly. We decided that cutting it a few inches would help even things out and make it look better. My aunt Jenny owns a hair salon so we took her there on August 20, to have Jenny cut it for us. We took her bumbo chair to have her sit in because we knew it would be our only hope of her holding still during the hair cut. Amazingly enough, she was awesome and only wiggled a little.

She didn't like when we first put the cape thing on her and she kept wiggling her arms all over the place trying to get them out from under it. I think having the cape on her made her look so tiny.

This is the picture of how long her hair was before we cut it.


For only being 18 months old, she sure has a lot of hair. I love it, however, everyone thinks she is older than she really is.

She really was so good during the hair cut! I was pleasantly surprised.

This is the best after picture I could get. Lydia started to wiggle more as she knew we were close to being done.


Jenny did a great job. It does look a lot better now, but it will take me a while to get used to it being shorter. We cut a little over two inches off.

I took this picture with my phone when we got home.

Jenny's salon is right by Wheeler Farm so we took advantage of being so close and let Lydia go and look at the animals. As usual, she loved seeing them and kept trying to feed them. We went and saw the ducks first. She would feed them a piece of bread and then eat a piece.

She went to each goat to make sure that they all got a piece of straw.

She tried feeding the chickens rocks.


This is just a cute picture.

As always, she loved the horses.




And she loved the cows too.

It was fun just getting out and doing something fun for Lydia. I feel bad because it is hard for me to take her places and chase her by myself so during the week she is mostly stuck playing at home. I love the opportunities we have to let her do things like this!
1 comment:
I know how you feel about getting a toddler out of the house. It gets even harder when a new baby comes. I love Lydias new hair cut!
Post a Comment