This weekend we were able to go boating with my family. I had been up in Logan earlier in the week for Lydia's six month check up so we took the boat out on Wednesday night just to make sure that everything was working okay after the boat being in for repairs. We went to Hyrum Reservoir. It was the perfect night for boating. The temperatures were cool and the lake was smooth! It was a lot of fun.

My goal is always to go without getting the top part of my hair wet. If I can do this it means that I was able to get up on the first try and that I didn't fall while I was going.

On Saturday we went to Willard Bay. It wasn't quite a perfect boating day. In fact, it was far from it. It was pretty windy which made the water pretty rough. Justin and Dan were the only ones that got into the water. I figured that since I had just been out on Wednesday that I would sit this one out. The wind was blowing so bad that when the boat was moving water would come up and splash over the top of the boat. Lydia and I were sitting in the perfect spot so we didn't get wet, but the boys up front were pretty soaked.

My mom held Nathan underneath the towel because they were getting pretty wet. Nathan was a little scared so they sang songs the whole time.

Justin is pretty good on the wake board. Especially considering that he hasn't been boating at all this year and that the water was so rough. We didn't get any pictures of him getting any air because of how rough it was and we were holding the kids.

Lydia did really well on the boat. She even fell asleep in my arms at one point which is really good because she never sleeps while someone is holding her.

Jillian took this picture of the three of us. She was in charge of the picture taking this trip. I like the look on Lydia's face.

After we were done on the water, we went back to the beach to eat some lunch.

It was still really windy so we kept Lydia in her car seat to help protect her a little more from the wind blowing on her. She likes her car seat though so she was pretty happy to just be able to do her own thing and not have to be held anymore.

Nathan loves Lydia and he kept trying to give her sticks (because he was playing with them and Lydia needed some too) and he kept making sure that she was okay.

Even though it was a pretty windy day we still had a fun time!
1 comment:
At least the boat worked!
Post a Comment