Monday, April 26, 2010

Two Months

On Friday Lydia turned two months old. We can't believe how fast time has gone by. The sad thing about it though is that in those two months Justin has only been with her during the first week, one in the middle and on weekends.We are excited to move back with him this weekend. Sad to be leaving Cache Valley but excited to be a family again.Lydia had her two month check up on Friday. All of the nurses and the doctor love her hair. She had to get her shots. That is so sad to watch. I made Justin hold her down and then once they were done I was the one to pick her up and comfort her. I wasn't going to be the "mean" parent. The shots made her a little sore and she was crying for about thirty minutes around seven thirty that night, but then she fell asleep and woke up for her night time feeding and she was happy and talking and kicking. I feel very blessed to have such a good, happy baby because she rarely cries and gets fussy.
On Saturday, Lydia rolled over for the first time. She has done it about six or seven times since then. Sometimes she does it really quickly and other times it takes her a little bit longer. She rolls over from her tummy onto her back.
My little sister, Jillian, took a sewing class this semester at school and she made the dress that Lydia is wearing in these pictures. It is way cute. She did an awesome job on it.My older sister, Cammie made this bow for Lydia. They did not plan them to match, it is just coincidence. Cammie has made me quite a few bows for Lydia to wear (many have been seen in previous posts). Good thing I have talented sisters to do things like that for me. I'm not talented enough.At Lydia's two month appointment she weighed 11 pounds and 12.5 ounces and was 23 inches long. She is in the 80th percentile and weight and the 50th percentile for height. Her doctor said that he would much rather see a baby in the 80th percentile than the 5th or 10th. Plus we lover her little, chubby cheeks and her tiny, round belly.Lydia is sleeping next to me as I am posting this and she is snoring. Such a cute little snore. She has so many qualities that she got from Justin, and being a noisy sleeper is definitely one of them. Good thing I love them both so much, even if they are noisy sleepers.

3 comments:

bobandhaley said...

She really is such a cutie!

Chelly said...

That outfit is DARLING! I love it! You guys are such great parents. Keep the updates comming...i'm sad I don't get to see her much.

A Erickson said...

Man we are so bummed you are leaving! We love you guys and will totally miss you! We'll be keeping in touch (if you let us-you might be thinking it is a blessing to move away from us wild redheads!) Love you guys!