Lydia has tons of gorgeous dark hair just like her moms!
She has a little bit of a cone head due to the pressures of labor. The doctor said it would go away in 1 to 2 days though. We both think that she is absolutely gorgeous and are very pleased that she is a healthy baby. She is our new Princess and light of our lives. We love Lydia so much!!!
She was 8 lb 2 oz and 19 in long
Dr. Craig had asked me if I could still feel Lydia moving and everything and I told her that I didn't feel her as often as I had in other days. (IHC in Logan won't induce you until you are at least 41 weeks or have a medical reason and Dr. Craig doesn't like that at all). Anyway, when I told Dr. Craig that she wasn't moving she said that was a good reason for her to induce me. So, she asked us if we wanted to have this baby. In my mind I thought that she would schedule it for later in the week, but she called Labor and Delivery and told us to go on up and check in because they were waiting for us. Dr. Craig told Justin to get me checked in and then run home to get our bags.
We went upstairs and I checked in and they took us back to our room, but Justin was pretty anxious and was off to get our bags. Once you are induced they don't let you eat any food. I hadn't had anything to eat since about 11:30 (and it was about 5:00 now - and I was hungry and pregnant). I told Justin to stop and get him some food on his way back. Needless to say, I am glad that I didn't eat anything because I became very nauseated and vomited most of the labor. Now I understand why they don't let you eat!
I got an epidural around midnight and didn't feel a thing. It was nice. I didn't sleep much that night because every half hour or so the nurse came back to check on me. Justin was able to sleep through most of though.
We had started with one nurse, but her shift ended around midnight and then we got a new nurse. The first two nurses were really nice and I liked them a lot. The second nurse had me start pushing about 4:00 AM. Her shift ended about thirty minutes or so after we started pushing, but she said that about two more pushes and we'd be able to call Dr. Craig to come in. Well, the third nurse had a student nurse with her. When they first got there, they didn't have me keep pushing at all. In fact, they didn't pay attention to me at all. The nurse was too busy showing the student nurse how she would set things up if she was the one that started the process. Well, at this point, Lydia had started moving back up which meant that all of my previous pushing was pointless.
Once the nurses started focusing on me again, they had me start pushing and didn't call Dr. Craig soon enough and got worried that I would deliver before Dr. Craig got there. So, they had me quit pushing again. Once again, all my forward progress was pointless. When Dr. Craig got there she had me start pushing and I pushed with her for about thirty to forty minutes. She kept telling me that my baby had lots of hair. Justin was so curious to know if it was red or not.
Well, Lydia finally came and was healthy and happy. We love having her here. (We ran into more problems with student nurses while we were recovering and let's just say next time we will ask for no student nurses). All in all though, labor wasn't that bad and we are so excited and grateful to be parents. We love little Lydia Rose.




18 comments:
Oh my; she is a doll. Seriously!! I have seen some ugly babies and she is by far the CUTEST. Brittany looks so good for just pushing 12 hrs. I can't wait to see her.
LOVE LOVE LOVE all the dark hair!!! Congrats guys!!! She is such a cutie!!!!
Welcome to the family baby Lydia. We are so glad you are finally here! You are so cute.
I can't wait to see you in person and not just behind the window. I think you are pretty cute, and I like your bow.
Wow you are a cutie!! Congratulations Brittany and Justin!
Congratulations you two, and thanks for my first grand daughter. we're so happy for you three. Our Michelle had hair like that. See you this weekend!
Love Dad Whitmer
LOVE the name Lydia!! Congrats you guys!!
Oh my goodness she is so beautiful! I love her name and all that dark hair! Congrats you guys we are really happy for you!
Congrats Brittany and Justin! She is super cute!!!
She's so beautiful...Love all the hair, and her name is so cute. Congrats to you two. We love you guys.
Oh she is just precious! And I just love all of her gorgeous hair! Congrats you two!
So, so cute! Glad she came right on time for you:) Congrats!
Congrats, but what the heck she wouldn't start me :). Let us know if you need anything.
Look at all the dark hair! She is gorgeous! Congratulations!
She is so beautiful! We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet the gorgeous gal.
Oh! Babies make me grin! Congrats, you guys! She's adorable.
Congratulations guys, she is so gorgeous!!!
Congrats! She's so beautiful! I am so happy for you guys.
Post a Comment