Monday, February 23, 2009

Justin's Airplane

This post is a little late because Justin has had this airplane for a few months, but I still wanted to post it. He bought it with some money that he got for graduation because I told him that he had to actually get something fun for himself because he never does. So, this is what he bought.
He went to the hobby store and practiced on the simulator and was constantly researching planes online. I didn't think that he was ever going to buy one, but sure enough. One day I came home from work and found him sitting in the living room putting it together.He went out and flew it one day while I was at work, but the first time I saw him fly it was over at my parents house. It was pretty funny because they have a border collie and as soon as Justin had the plane in the air she took off after it and chased it the whole time he flew it.
In the picture above, Justin was letting my dad fly the airplane. Needless to say, he wrecked it, but he had all the supplies to fix it also.
The plane has seen some hard times. Another time Justin flew it, Hollie started trying to "herd" the plane when Justin was trying to take off on the ground. The plane started moving and Hollie tried to bite the wing to get it to stop. It was pretty funny. However, Justin's crash was the best.
Justin decided to land the airplane on top of the roof at my parents house. My little sister had to go and rescue the plane. It was great!

2 comments:

Theparker4 said...

Justin I am glad your dad and you now have a big boy hobby you can share.

Anonymous said...

Bring your plane back over Hollie needs the exercise.