Lydia and Brooke were both Dorothy for Halloween this year. Our Halloween was a little busy. Lydia had preschool so she got to dress up for a preschool party. Her preschool did a little program for the families to go and watch. Lydia was so cute during the performance. She even sang and danced when she was supposed to. I was worried that she would be too shy with all of the people watching her, but she was adorable. Brooke enjoyed being at Lydia's preschool. When we walked into the preschool, Ms. Amy was reading a story to the kids and Brooke went and sat down right by Lydia. It was precious. However, I took Brooke downstairs to wait for the program to start. She thought she was pretty big getting to go to preschool.
The kids sang the cutest song about a spider spinning a pretty web. Lydia did all of the actions and was so cute! I thought I had recorded it, but I didn't. I was devastated.
They also sang a song about all of the faces of a jack-o-lantern. Jack-o-happy, jack-o-sad, jack-o-mad. It was cute watching how into the performance Lydia got.
Lydia and Ms. Amy
Lydia and Ms. Destiny
Lydia wanted me to take her picture at the table. She loves that little pumpkin that she was given at the party. Doesn't she look so grown up. I love that look on Lydia's face in the picture. It is her proud of what she has accomplished face. Oh, she's the best!
Brooke and Lydia at preschool. Sometimes I think it would be easier if those two were twins. Brooke knows that she is missing out on things and some days she is so sad that she can't go to preschool with Lydia.
In the afternoon we headed over to Justin's work to go trick-or-treating there. I didn't have Keera in her costume yet because it doesn't fit with her harness on and she can only have her harness off for a few hours a day. Brooke and Lydia love going to Justin's work. They get pretty shy around all of his coworkers. Their favorite thing to do at his work is have him spin them around on his office chair.
After we went to Justin's work we came home and ate a pumpkin shaped pizza and then got ready to go trick-or-treating. I think my two Dorothy's are adorable!
They thought it was funny to keep taking the stems off of the pumpkins.
They really are silly girls!
I had to learn how to french braid so I could do their hair.
Keera slept through most of the excitement.
My three little girls!
The girls were so excited to go trick-or-treating. I don't think Brooke really knew what to expect, but she fed off of Lydia's excitement because Lydia knew exactly what was going on!
Justin is a good sport and dressed up to take them trick-or-treating.
"We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz."
Keera and I went with them to a couple of houses and then other kids started coming so we came home to pass out candy.
We already had the flower costume so she got to use it for her Halloween costume. It makes her look very snuggly and cuddly.
When Lydia got home from trick-or-treating, the first thing she told me was that I needed to put her candy bucket up high so she didn't eat all of the candy at once. Brooke, on the other hand, had two suckers open and a candy in her mouth! They both had so much fun going out and Keera and I had some fun time alone at home.
11 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment