Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Years in Leeds

We were able to go down to Leeds for New Years and get some warm weather! The entire Whitmer family was there, Stacey and I were the only ones that had to travel, and thankfully the roads were really good this year (we do not want an episode of what happened last year). Since the whole family was there my mom thought that it would be a good idea to get family pictures since she would not know the next time that would happen. We were not told what colors until we were already on our way down there, so we made an emergency stop and the only thing good that I could find was this really preppy looking sweater, this is not what I would normally wear! We just went down to the farm and found a couple of cool spots.
Here are some of the pictures.. I would have more but I got a blank CD sent to me, guess I will have to teach my family how to be a little more computer smart.

I would put more pictures on but they are really big files and taking a while to load. So for New Years my mom made pretty much every kind of treat that you could think of, she is an extremely good cook! We had some of our family friends over there, Roger, Susan and Daniel. We just kind of hung out and played different games like shrades (I have no idea how to spell it), and it was really hilarious with my little nephew Trey playing the game. He is five years old and likes Bakugan so he would do that every single time. Brittany would get really embarrassed and not want to play the game but she did do it a couple of times.
While we were there my dad thought that it would be a good idea to have us help him tie his camper shell to the ceiling in the garage, so here is a picture of us holding it up.
I think that it should work pretty good, guess we will find out if it falls on the top of my dads truck.
Also my dad got a really nice four wheeler a couple of months ago, it is a Kawasaki Brute Force 700, so I rode that quite a bit around the farm.It has a lot of power, maybe he will buy me one for my birthday this year:) Brittany did not think that it would be a good idea if she went four wheeling since she was more than 7 months pregnant, and I would not of let her anyway. We also went shooting, that is always a fun thing to do while we are down there.

My grandpa always said that my parents have a million dollar view from there house, and I think that they do too. I love the contrast, and on the other side of the house is a view of the farm and in the distant Zions National Park.
So all in all I think that it was a very fun trip. I always enjoy it when we get to go down there. One of these days we will have to take advantage and go to Zions and Bryce Canyon National Parks while we are down there.

6 comments:

Nathan said...

Uncle Justin, I think your sweeter is really nice. It makes you look smart... Anything that works. :)

Grandma said...

Nathan you need to learn how to spell before you comment on Justins sweater

Nathan said...

Oh well... I am only 22 months. I think his sweater makes him look sweeter too!

Brandon said...

I thinks next time we are all there we should go to Zion and Bryce, I have never been there.

Chelly said...

What! First of all I was in a hurry when I was copying the files from my computer to the CD. I didn't think it was necessary to double check that everything copies correctly...obviously I was wrong! A new CD with pictures is comming shortly. And what is this about Brandon never going to Zion or Bryce? You are so lame! Next time you come I will plan a fun hiking / camping trip...unless you are too chicken!

Brandon said...

I will camp in a camper, but i dont hike, remember i am a fat kid, thats why i bought a 4-wheeler. I am not a sandal wearing, back pack packing, granola eating, tree hugger therfore i dont hike.