skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Catching Up
So obviously I haven't posted in a while, so this is going to be one big post to catch up for all the events in June. It has been crazy busy with always something to do.
We had the Whitmer Family Reunion in Paragonah. Justin's family all gets together and they rent a great big cabin. It was a lot of fun. However now Justin thinks that we can decorate our home how the cabin was decorated.
I guess we can decide how to decorate after we actually have a house. Until then we will just let him keep dreaming!
The place where the cabin is located is perfect because there is a place where all the little kids can ride around on their little dirt bikes and four wheelers, there are lots of trails for the big kids (or adults) to take off on their somewhat larger dirt bikes and four wheelers, there is a place to shoot clay pigeons, places for paint ball wars,
and most importantly places for just hanging out.
The best part was the dutch oven cook-off. We had dutch-oven beans, vegetables, potatoes, chicken, ribs, turkey, and most importantly cobbler. Good cooking!
The reunion was fun. We are looking forward to going again next year.
Our next event in June was my little sister's wedding. We were all able to go to the temple with her on June 18th when she took our her endowments, and then it was time for the big day on June 27th. She got married in the Salt Lake temple and she had her reception in West Valley.
We had family fly in from Chicago and my brother and sister-in-law came in from Tennessee. It was a lot of fun to be able to see everyone and to have time to visit and socialize.
This is my Uncle Dick from Chicago and my dad waiting outside the temple after the ceremony. I'm not quite sure who my dad was trying to get a hold of.
The happy couple. Aren't they so cute??!!?!
This is my dad saving the stairway for Jillian and Brady to have their group pictures taken.
All of the guys holding Jillian up. I think that Justin was being as helpful as Nathan was (my nephew, the little guy underneath her).
The weather was perfect for them. It had been pretty rainy the day before so we were excited to see the sun and the blue skies. We had the reception at a stake center in West Valley. It turned out really nice too.
Our most wonderful refreshment crew, Joan Rohner and JaNae Ferrante.
Along with Mike Ferrante, and Jay Rohner. Thanks guys! We appreciate your hard work and all that you do!
We had a lot of fun. They had a band at the reception so there was lots of dancing and fun times! And when all was said and done, I think my mom was exhauste and glad for it to be over.

We ended up the month by hanging out with my brother and sister-in-law. We started the day off by going to Bear Lake and hanging out fo a little bit, a little shopping, and some good lunch.
Nathan was doing all that he could to keep out of the water. He didn't want to have anything to do with it!
However, he was content to sit on the cooler and eat the bag of Cheetos. Some kids are just more picky than others I guess.
Unlike Nathan, everyone else was able to handle the water. The lake was higher this year than I have ever seen it, so there wasn't a lot of "beach" places.
After Bear Lake we stopped at Tony's Grove and walked around the lake. It was very pretty there right now.
This is Justin after winning the chicken fight against my dad.
Okay, so they didn't really have a chicken fight, but I think that they should have. I would have liked to see who would have won.
All in all, June was a crazy busy month, but we had fun and got to spend a lot of time with family on both sides of the family which made it extremely nice.
8 comments:
I am glad June is over.
Way to hold up that foot Justin! jk. Looks like you guys had a fun filled June.
Time for a nap, huh?
Who said you could take pictures of us when our backs are turned? Hey-Breaking News...I can make it the whole time to FG. Your guys better watch out!
Britney you forgot to post a certain mishap from the Whitmer Reunion. I am still crying. Just kidding you are forgiven.
Man you guys have been busy! But it all looks fun... it was great to see you guys at the reunion!
Sounds like a busy June! Fun though! We miss you guys!! Hope all is going well for you!
Hey guess who couldn't sleep tonight and finally added a new post to her blog after a year!...Yep it's me. Can you believe it. I am kinda retarted when it comes to blogs but i guess it will all come with time. I can't wait to see the Stirling reunion pics...actually now that i think of it i don't think you even took your camera out for that one.
Post a Comment